How Can I Get my Hard Wood Floor in Evans Repaired After it Suffers From Flood Damage?
If you ever notice any of these problems occurring after your wood floors get wet, call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 24/7.
SERVPRO Can Conduct Procedures That Can Repair your Wood Floors Inside your Evans Home
If the rain ever starts to build up and get deep outside your house after a severe thunderstorm blows through the Evans region, it is possible that water will find its way into your home. If moisture enters your structure through your lower door seals or from the ground, there is a chance that your hardwood floors could get negatively affected.
When restoring flood damage inside your Evans home, our SERVPRO technicians utilize their knowledge of how moisture reacts to different materials to dry them properly. Two major variables that determine how much damage is made to materials are permeance and exposure time.
• Permeance- The permeance of an item refers to how easily water vapor can pass through the material.
• Exposure Time- The amount of time the material has been in contact with moisture also determines the severity of the issues. Since the longer materials are exposed to moisture, the worse problems get, it is wise to respond with water cleanup quickly.
How can moisture affect my hardwood floors?
• Warping: All wood contains some sort of moisture content, usually around 10%. When wood absorbs excess moisture, it can expand and cause your building materials to warp.
• Buckling: When your hardwood floorboards expand, they can push up against each other and cause the joints to buckle. The amount of buckling that can occur depends on how much moisture is absorbed and the type of material.
• Cupping: This occurs when water is absorbed from the bottom and sides of the wood. The edges of the wood can raise or cup, which can often be sanded down if needed.
• Crowning: This can happen when the top of the wood holds more moisture than the bottom and the sides. When this happens, the wood can arch and create a bow shape in the middle.
If you ever notice any of these problems occurring after your wood floors get wet, call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 24/7.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Augusta, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Columbia County today at (706) 868-5441 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do I Clean Up My Evans Stairs After a Fire?
Many homes in our area have beautiful staircases. Should fire happen, call SERVPRO to restore your home.
After a Fire, You Need Professional Help from SERVPRO to Restore Your Evans Home
When a fire happens in a home, the key to lessening loss is to engage a professional service to mitigate the loss. If incorrect cleaning methods or agents get used, it can result in more significant losses to the structure and contents.
What Do I Do First to Clean Fire Damage Off My Staircase?
No matter how the fire damage happened in your Evans home and spread to the stairs, they may have restoration potential if the cleanup begins quickly enough. The longer building materials get exposed to water and soot, they can deteriorate. The following factors are determinants if SERVPRO can restore your stairs:
- If there is charring to any of the components
- If the treads or risers have damage from water or heat exposure
- The type of construction materials
In cases where the stairs have carpet and padding, SERVPRO techs carefully remove it to expose the treads underneath. The wood gets inspected to determine the need for extraction of water or drying due to swelling from moisture absorption has occurred. If necessary, the techs can dry the staircase using their equipment before moving on to the next step in the restoration process.
The technicians have access to a vast array of specialized cleaning agents, particularly for hardwood. While the carpet and padding may have protected the treads and risers on a staircase, the rails may need detailed cleaning to remove all traces of smoke residues. It is vital that cleaners with the power to release the grip of the smoke get used but also do not harm the wood.
Fire damage needs fast action for the best outcome, SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 has certified techs available 24/7 to restore your home to its preloss condition.
More about Evans.
Many Augusta Businesses Including Gyms are Now Closed
Cleaning and sanitizing are both keys to helping stop the spread of viruses.
SERVPRO of Augusta provides services for companies that are currently closed
Like many cities across America, Augusta issued an executive order requiring individual businesses to close and prohibitions about social gatherings in groups of greater than 10 people. This time can be an opportunity to deep clean facilities not just as a preventative treatment against this virus but also to perform a renovation and a deep restorative cleaning.
SERVPRO has been providing fire, water, storm, mold remediation, and cleaning services in Augusta and surrounding areas for many years. We are a certified IICRC company. In particular, our technicians have AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation training and certificates. Our team is well equipped to assist local businesses in cleaning and applying disinfectants in their Augusta premises during this downtime period. We also provide services for open businesses.
Whether you are concerned that your business might need cleaning as a preventative service or feel it is time for a complete and thorough cleaning in preparation for reopening, now is the time. SERVPRO can quickly assess your needs and provide an estimate for cleaning your business.
- Preventative cleaning for this virus (one-time or repetitive plans)
- HVAC cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Mold and other microbial remediation
- Advice concerning your cleaning needs
Call us for an estimate! We are available 24/7/365, in the Columbia County area at (706) 868-5441. We're SERVPRO of Columbia County, and We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
Is It True It Can Take Up To a Month To Dry My Evans Flooded Home?
We are equipped and trained to handle your water damage restoration needs.
Bring in SERVPRO to Remove the Water and Quickly Dry Your Evans Home
Flash floods are a threat throughout the year in this part of the State. There are steps that homeowners can take to minimize the potential for flood loss, so there is no way to 100% avoid it. The best action to take is to bring in a professional restoration services company if it does happen. DIY efforts to dry your property can lead to exposure to harmful elements in the floodwater as well as secondary issues such as mold or ruination of building materials due to the lack of complete water extraction and fast drying. Plus, it can take weeks to dry your Evans home using regular household fans.
What Should I Do to Get Fast Flooding Removal Done in My Home?
Even though grade around the property gets directed away from the house, the gutters inspected are in good working order. The seals around doors and windows are intact, and Evans's home with flooding needs removal using professional equipment. Consumer-grade wet/dry vacuums and standard box fans can not cut it.
No Standing Water? Your Home Probably Still Needs Extraction
When floodwater enters a home, even half an inch of water can do a considerable amount of damage. The migration path of the water can lead under floors, behind walls and under appliances and other furniture. It is impossible to track the migration path visually, and SERVPRO technicians rely on a diverse array of moisture detection equipment to get the job done, such as:
- Thermal imaging
- Moisture sensors
- Infrared cameras
- Flir imaging
What Typically Needs Removal After Contact with Floodwater?
One of the deciding factors for whether or not an item has the potential for restoration gets primarily based on whether or not it is porous. The majority of porous items in a home do not have the potential to get returned to a sanitary standard for reuse.
- Sheetrock wicks the moisture rapidly and begins to deteriorate. Fortunately, in most cases, only a portion of the building materials requires removal to dry the framework of the home. This removal makes the repairs afterward as simple as fitting in a replacement piece of sheetrock and sanding down before priming and painting to match.
- The flooring of many types in local properties is often the biggest loser when it comes to flood damage. Carpeting almost categorically across the board requires removal and disposal as a biohazard after extraction of the water to make it lighter and safer to handle.
- Hardwood flooring may not be a loss if cleanup efforts begin quickly enough after the first water event in the home. The boards may warp and cup, but often can get returned to their original shape through the use of drying applications such as drying mats. Sometimes the boards need to get slightly sanded and refinished for a full restoration.
- Glue-down carpet and tile usually lose their adhesion to the substrate after prolonged exposure to water. In some cases, depending on the construction materials, tiles may get cleaned and disinfected for reuse.
Handling Home Contents Affected by Flood Loss
It can be frustrating to see that a mere inch of floodwater that entered an Evans home can cost a homeowner a favorite sofa. However, once the water gets absorbed into the interior of upholstered furnishings, it rarely has restoration possibilities.
Hardwood furniture can get cleaned using different techniques such as immersion cleaning and agents specifically designed for use on wood. One of the downsides of wood furnishings with exposure to water is when joints crack from the wood's swelling. In those scenarios, the piece may be a loss.
As items get removed from the loss area, SERVPRO techs look over items and move them to a staging area for cleaning. They utilize different methods for disinfection, such as immersion cleaning, where the article is fully submerged in a cleaning solution that works to remove bacteria. The result is a sanitized item ready for reuse in the home.
Final Steps in Flood Loss Mitigation
After drying the property, SERVPRO techs verify that drying goals got attained and then do a final wipe down over the loss area. At this time, any odor control methods needed gets deployed to ready the property for any needed repairs.
SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 handles any size flooding removal needs your home might have. Contact our certified technicians 24/7 to return your home to its preloss condition.
Where Do I Begin to Clean Up the Fire Damage to My Evans Kitchen?
Call us at SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 if you need assistance with fire and smoke damage in your kitchen.
Calling the Experts at SERVPRO for Fire Restoration in Evans Gets Prompt, Professional Results!
If you have a fire in your kitchen from a mishap while cooking, it can leave your interior with much destruction. Before you even notice something catches fire, the flames move quickly, and smoke fills the kitchen and other rooms within your home. Even if the firefighters extinguish the fire fast, you are still left with a mess of debris, saturated surfaces, and sticky smoke particles.
How Does Your Team Perform Fire Restoration Services?
When you contact our team at SERVPRO, we can come to your home 24/7 to assess your fire and smoke damage in Evans. Not only are we experts in fire and smoke restoration, but we can also make sure that your structural elements are sound.
What Should I Do Immediately After the Fire?
It can be frightening and stressful to deal with a fire in your Evans home, but our team is available whenever you need us. These are some of the initial steps to keep in mind to help you navigate the process:
• Ensure that the fire department deems your structure safe for entry after the fire is extinguished.
• Turn off the main electrical panel to your home if it is not already done. This helps to safeguard against fires that may spark within the walls due to electrical damage.
• Even if the kitchen fire was small, do not run the HVAC system in your home. This can cause the smoke particles to travel through your ductwork.
• If possible, close off the fire loss area within your home.
• Contact our team of skilled fire damage restoration technicians to assess the fire loss and start the cleanup process.
Why Does the Smoke Residue in My Home Seem Sticky?
The type of smoke residue left after a fire depends on a variety of factors. Our team has different classifications for smoke left after a fire, and we have specialized cleaning techniques to help us address each one.
• Protein Smoke – This is most likely the cause of the smoke and pungent odors left behind after your kitchen fire. This residue may be difficult to detect with the naked eye, but it sometimes presents in discoloration on the walls and other surfaces.
• Wet Smoke – This happens when there are synthetic materials like rubber or plastic that burn. These fires are often lower in heat and have a strong odor. We use wet sponge cleaning methods to wipe away this sticky smoke residue that tends to smear easily with dry methods.
• Dry Smoke – This is often left whenever there are organic materials like wood or paper that burn. This is generally a high-temperature burn that is fast-moving, leaving behind a dry film.
When we come in to assess the damage from fire and smoke within your home, we often use a plan of action that includes several layers of cleaning techniques and equipment. This multi-faceted approach allows us to neutralize these tough odors to leave your home in preloss condition “Like it never even happened.”
What Happens to My Belongings During Fire Restoration?
Our team can work to treat your belongings, either on-site or using our pack-out services. We determine the best course of action depending on the availability of space and the level of damage present.
• Pack-Out Service: If your belongings require pack-out services, SERVPRO arrives with all of the packing materials and boxes necessary to move your items off-site safely. Items that have been impacted by tough smoke odors and soot residue may be addressed using our powerful submersion techniques. We also have a range of advanced deodorization tools at our facility that allows us to restore your items carefully.
• On-Site Service: We understand how vital it is to you that our items are cared for carefully and efficiently. For on-site cleaning. We can move your belongings and furniture to an area of your home unaffected by the fire. By quarantining off a particular area, our team is able to clean the items without smoke particles and debris impacting other areas of the interior.
Kitchen Fire Tips
After a kitchen fire, it is best to remember that your interior calls for specialized care. Our team of skilled and IICRC-certified technicians is available to ensure that everything is done as safely and efficiently as possible. Please remember:
• Do not turn on any of your ceiling fixtures after the fire has been extinguished. There could be moisture around the wiring that could lead to electric shock.
• Do not consume any food or beverages found within the cabinets or stored near the fire. Any consumables that might have been impacted by the flames, smoke, water, or heat could be contaminated.
• Do not attempt to clean anything on your own without the proper tools and methods. Improper cleaning could cause the fire and smoke damage to set in. Our team knows how to make sure that your walls, ceilings, appliances, and all surfaces are carefully cleaned and restored to like-new condition.
Call us at SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 if you need assistance with fire and smoke damage in your kitchen. You can reach us 24/7 for emergency service.
For more about Evans click here.
Do I Need To Call A Professional Company To Restore Water Damage At My Augusta House?
Call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 as soon as you notice a problem.
Calling SERVPRO Can Help Reduce The Chances Of Secondary Issues Arising Inside Your Augusta Home
Even during incidences, where only a small amount of water leaks into your house, the moisture can create other problems if it is not removed promptly. Minor water leaks can also be tricky to find and repair. Sometimes, items that got wet will not be visible, but they can still cause problems in the future if not treated.
What Types Of Problems Can Take Place If Moisture Is Not Removed?
Secondary water damage inside your Augusta residence includes any problems caused to your contents and building materials that did not come into direct contact with liquid. Common types of secondary issues include:
• Raised Humidity Levels
• Mold Growth
• Wet drywall or ceilings
Why Is It Best To Call The Experts For Help?
A professional restoration company such as SERVPRO can utilize their knowledge and skills to find any problem inside your house. We have a variety of methods and equipment at our table that can aid in fixing every issue we find in your entire building to help you restore it to the way it was before, “Like it never even happened.” Our goal is always to reduce the chance of any secondary damage occurring by removing any moisture in your house as quickly as possible using extraction and drying methods.
Why Should I Choose SERVPRO?
Advanced Technology: We have a wide array of professional tools and industrial equipment that we can utilize to make every step of the mitigation process run more efficiently.
Highly Trained Team: Our technicians are trained by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) program, and we have a vast amount of experience in handling different situations.
Fast 24/7 Service: We are located nearby, and we can respond quickly after your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Even restoring minor issues caused by a small water leak in your Martinez or Appling residence can be a job best left to the professionals. Call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 as soon as you notice a problem.
For more about Augusta click here.
Flood Damage In August
“Like it never even happened.”
Flood Damage in August Home Needs More Than Extraction and Drying
Flood damage brings more than water into a home. Storms in this area of Georgia can result in high winds damaging roofing that cause leaking, or a tree limb can knock out windows or cause significant loss to a home.
SERVPRO technicians inspect Augusta homes upon arrival for flood damage mitigation to determine the scale of the loss throughout the house. Tracking the path of water migration is an essential part of discovering areas of loss that may otherwise get overlooked if only visual inspections get relied upon.
Stop Further Loss to the Home
When damage to the structure occurs, the techs perform any needed temporary repairs to halt any further entry of water into the home. Commonly done repairs include:
• Securing tarps over a leaking roof
• Boarding up broken windows
• Arranging removal of fallen tree limbs by a local professional
Extraction and Drying
The use of professional-grade tools makes the difference in the amount of water the techs can extract. Afterward, the set up of the drying equipment is where the real contrast between consumer-grade and the SERVPRO machines begins. The centrifugal air movers deliver airflow with such high velocity that embedded moisture rises, and the nearby dehumidifiers capture it.
When wild weather hits, call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 for assistance with the cleanup and restoration from flood damage.
For more about August click here.
Proactive Cleaning & Fogging For Coronavirus
A SERVPRO® of Columbia County team member electrostatically disinfects an industrial space affected by a suspected case of coronavirus.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
We would like to take this time to remind our customers that during this time of uncertainty caused by the worldwide pandemic of Coronavirus/COVID-19, we are the worldwide experts at cleaning and disinfecting public/private spaces, homes and commercial places of business.
Specialized Training & Procedures
SERVPRO® of Columbia County is ready to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). We have over 50 years of experience in dealing with various biological contaminants and bio-hazards, and we will go well beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC strongly advises the cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, desks, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s cleaning/disinfecting guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
Specialized Products & Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Our EPA-registered disinfectant will be distributed via electrostatic fogger, which delivers highly compressed air, combined with tiny electrostatically-charged droplets of disinfectant. These charged droplets adhere well to surface areas (floors, walls, doors, flat surfaces, switches, etc., to give you peace of mind that extensive cleaning and disinfecting steps have been taken.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or place of business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO® of Columbia County (706) 868-5441.
We Act Fast In Augusta After A Fire
Our trained technicians are prepared for any size fire disaster and are available 24/7. We have the state of the art equipment necessary.
Small Fire, Big Smell
Fire and smoke can be the result of many different things. Maybe you get distracted when cooking and grease fire ensues, or a mischievous teen is playing with a candle in the living room, and suddenly his experiment bursts up in flames. In more extreme cases, an electric malfunction can cause a more significant issue requiring the help of your local fire department. Regardless of the culprit, the smell left behind is often enough to remind you day after day of the event.
In Augusta, fire and smoke damage is best left to SERVPRO. Our team recognizes that the size of the flames is not always commensurate with how much they affect your life. The disproportionate impact is generally evident in the smell of smoke left in your home once it travels through air vents and clings to upholstery and fabrics. Despite your best efforts, the stench may prove to be a worthy opponent, leaving you in need of professional services like ours. As soon as the emergency happens, reach out to our crew and let us begin the restoration process as soon as possible.
Most people do not realize that deodorizing a home takes strategy and know-how. At SERVPRO, we know that ventilation is critical, but we also know that specialized equipment makes all the difference. When we enter your home, we bring tools such as air scrubbers, which utilize carbon filters to remove gases and odors from your home. We may also bring thermal foggers, which contain solutions to prompt a chemical reaction that eliminates the smell, as opposed to covering it. By placing your trust in us, you find yourself with a catalog of deodorizing solutions capable of obliterating the offending smell.
Smoke and fire damage does not need to be massive or catastrophic to disrupt your life. SERVPRO technicians understand the intricacies of each event and apply their expertise to resolve the situation as quickly and effectively as possible. As a homeowner, you are in good hands with our crew. All you need to do is contact SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 and let us leave your home “Like it never even happened.”
See more about Augusta.