Can Evans Outdoor Faucets Create a Need for Water Removal?
SERVPRO Helps Evans Households with Water Removal
Evans is a friendly suburb of Augusta, a large and lively city situated just two hours drive from Atlanta, Georgia. Evans is a great place to live or stay for a vacation, giving visitors easy access to all of Augusta’s amenities.
The area has a long history. Its closeness to the Savannah River made it a rich source of fish, and there is native history going back hundreds of years. In 1735, James Oglethorpe, who founded Savannah, sent people to explore the upper Savannah River area. Oglethorpe named the town after Princess Augusta, who was the wife of King George III. Augusta proliferated and became a famous market town in the area. With a canal, dams, and factories, Augusta was a center for industry and has continued to thrive.
Enjoy Historic Canal Walks Near Evans
Evans is conveniently located for the Augusta Canal. Builders finished their work on the canal in 1845. Townsfolk constructed the canal for three key reasons:
- To drive the local grist and sawmills.
- To make it easier for the manufacturers in the area to transport goods.
- To provide the town with a municipal water supply.
This does not seem terribly exciting, but in fact, the Augusta Canal is quite unusual! It is the only canal in the United States that remains in contiguous use for all three of its intended purposes.
These days, the Augusta canal provides lots of lovely nature walks. It is Georgia’s first national heritage area. As well as strolling along the canal, visitors can ride along the bike trails or even take a guided boat tour on the canal. The more adventurous visitor can enjoy some time kayaking along the canal! Or if you are looking for rest and relaxation, why not visit Savannah Rapids Pavilion? This lush 33-acre park beside the canal headgates offers stunning views over Reed Creek Falls and a sheltered place to enjoy a snack and watch the world go by.
Discover History and Art Around the Canal
The Augusta Canal offers some lovely opportunities to learn about history, and get involved with the current day Augusta community:
- Be sure to visit the Augusta Canal Discovery Center at Enterprise Mill. Enjoy an hour-long guided tour where you will learn about the canal, its history, and its present-day place in the city.
- Take a stroll around Augusta’s RiverWalk, where you can enjoy views of the Savannah River, stop at one of many children’s playgrounds, or enjoy the regular farmers’ market.
- Arts in the Heart is a yearly Augusta arts festival downtown and beside the river and canal. Enjoy entertainment, food, music, and crafts from local artists.
Why Should Evans Homeowners be Careful About their Outdoor Faucets?
When you think of potential leak risks in your home, you probably think of overflowing tubs or broken appliances. But it is also a good idea to check your outdoor faucet regularly for signs of leaks.
The most commonplace that an outdoor faucet will leak into your home is the basement. If you call SERVPRO, we can:
- Use monitoring equipment to examine the basement ceiling and walls for damage.
- Check inside the walls for signs of damp.
- Dry the area and use antimicrobial treatments to prevent mold.
If you are worried about your outdoor faucet causing water problems in your basement, call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441.