How Can I Get my Hard Wood Floor in Evans Repaired After it Suffers From Flood Damage?
SERVPRO Can Conduct Procedures That Can Repair your Wood Floors Inside your Evans Home
If the rain ever starts to build up and get deep outside your house after a severe thunderstorm blows through the Evans region, it is possible that water will find its way into your home. If moisture enters your structure through your lower door seals or from the ground, there is a chance that your hardwood floors could get negatively affected.
When restoring flood damage inside your Evans home, our SERVPRO technicians utilize their knowledge of how moisture reacts to different materials to dry them properly. Two major variables that determine how much damage is made to materials are permeance and exposure time.
• Permeance- The permeance of an item refers to how easily water vapor can pass through the material.
• Exposure Time- The amount of time the material has been in contact with moisture also determines the severity of the issues. Since the longer materials are exposed to moisture, the worse problems get, it is wise to respond with water cleanup quickly.
How can moisture affect my hardwood floors?
• Warping: All wood contains some sort of moisture content, usually around 10%. When wood absorbs excess moisture, it can expand and cause your building materials to warp.
• Buckling: When your hardwood floorboards expand, they can push up against each other and cause the joints to buckle. The amount of buckling that can occur depends on how much moisture is absorbed and the type of material.
• Cupping: This occurs when water is absorbed from the bottom and sides of the wood. The edges of the wood can raise or cup, which can often be sanded down if needed.
• Crowning: This can happen when the top of the wood holds more moisture than the bottom and the sides. When this happens, the wood can arch and create a bow shape in the middle.
If you ever notice any of these problems occurring after your wood floors get wet, call SERVPRO of Columbia County at (706) 868-5441 24/7.